future (2008) Power Point presentation
future (2008) Article
This is a presentation by Roger Johnston and Jon S. Warner, Ph.D. at LANL. The authors discuss the future direction and technology that will appear in security issues and protection. This includes:
- Wishful thinking about high-tech will only increase.
- As high-tech increases, careful thinking about security will decrease.
- At some point, a terrorist incident will shut down a major U.S. port/s with severe economic & geopolitical implications.
- The RFID allure will die out and will be replaced by true security devices, including RF devices.
- There will be serious GPS spoofing incidents.